Call for Abstracts
Please click HERE to submit your abstract on-line.
Please click HERE to download the "Call for Abstracts" document. It is a convenient, downloadable Adobe PDF document that contains the information that you will need to gather prior to completeing the online form. This same information as listed below on this page as well.
Abstract Deadline – Midnight January 30, 2012
We are formally soliciting abstracts for consideration for podium and electronic presentation at the 5th Annual Lumbar Spine Research Society (LSRS) Meeting, to be held in Chicago from April 26-27, 2012.
The LSRS is a society that is dedicated to the free exchange of scientific information related to, and the surgical management of, disorders affecting the lumbar spine. The LSRS annual meeting is purely for scientific presentations and debate. The society takes great pride in that it exists in existing free of industry support and influence with no sponsorship or commercial displays. No vendors are permitted at the meeting and potential conflicts of interest are shared transparently. It is purely a scientific meeting.
Abstracts will be submitted online this year. Please read the documentation below so you are able to start collecting pertinent information well in advance of your actual submission. Abstracts should include an introduction, methods, results, discussion and conclusion sections. They must be restricted to a firm 350 type written words (font size 12), and be in the Microsoft Word format. Abstracts may include a single figure, image, table or graph (uploaded as a JPG or GIF format if not embedded in the Word document). If you are sending a figure, image, table or graph separately from your word document please upload it as a JPG or GIF to ensure that we are able to open it on our end. If your abstract is greater than 350 words (measured using Microsoft Word Count) or includes more than one figure, table, or graph, it will not be sent out for review.
Abstracts will be evaluated blindly by a minimum of 4 reviewers. Abstracts accepted for presentation will be presented at the podium. Podium presentations are 6 minutes in length and ample time for discussion is provided. Electronic Presentations, (E-Posters), will also be accepted this year and submitters must designate if the abstract is to be considered just for a podium presentation, an electronic presentation, both, or either.
All abstracts will be submitted on-line at our website www.lsrs.org. Abstract submission will go live on November 18th, 2011. Please take a look at the attached documents to ensure that you collect the correct information well in advance, so the submission process will go smoothly:
- All Authors & Co-authors listed on each abstract must complete a Mandatory Financial Disclosure Statement in order for the abstract to be considered by the graders. The submitter will be responsible for collecting and recording this information for all co-authors. It would benefit you greatly to collect this information well in advance of the "go live" date for online submission (November 18, 2011). Go to www.lsrs.org for online submission.
- A "Documentation of FDA Status Disclosure" for the abstract submitted is required for each abstract. Only the lead author or person presenting must fill out this document.
RESIDENT/FELLOW RESEARCH PAPER AWARD
Residents and Fellows may sign up to win a $1000 research award for the best paper in this category. Please state that your paper is to be submitted for the "Resident/Fellow Research Paper Award" and please note that your paper will also be evaluated for the general meeting as well. The submitter must indicate that the submission is to be considered for the award and confirm that he or she:
- Was a resident or fellow at the time the paper was written or the data was gathered
- Is the primary author
- Will be available to present the paper from the podium (not at LSRS expense)
Program Directors: Robert F. Heary, MD and Bruce Darden, MD
- 350 Type written words (font size 12), Microsoft Word
- Include no more than 1 figure, image, table or graph (upload as a JPG or GIF format if not embedded in the word document)
- Designate if you want abstract considered for: podium presentation, electronic presentation, both or either
- Designate if abstract is to be considered for $1000 "Resident/Fellow Research Paper Award"
- Must fill out a Mandatory Financial Disclosure Statement on each author and co-author (We highly suggest that you collect this information in advance of your online submission)
- Must fill out ONLY 1 Documentation of FDA Status Disclosure for each abstract. (Lead author or presenter must fill out)
- Contact information on submitting author.